Reception 2023 - 2024
The first few weeks are all about getting to know you, settling into school, learning new routines and making new friends.
We will rock along with Pete the Cat.
We will talk about our families
and our feelings.
Further planning can be found in the Autumn 1 planning document below.
Monday and Wednesday will be our two PE days
Seesaw is just one of the ways we communicate with you and share what your child has been doing at school. We might not post something everyday but we post as often as we can so please keep checking. If you enable notifications in your device settings you shouldn't miss anything. If you can't log in for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible so we can rectify this for you.
Your child will need a pair of wellies to leave at school. They will be used most days, particularly in wetter weather and over the winter. You are welcome to take them home over the holidays but don't forget to bring them back!
The Early Years Team:
Class Teacher: Mrs Rogers (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday am)
Class Teacher: Mrs Bailey (Thursday pm and Friday)
Class Teaching Assistant: Mrs Jesch, Mrs Thompson
Welfare Assistants: Mrs McCormick, Mrs Mackey
Things you can do at home together:
- Share a story together every day.
- Play a game, especially one like 'Snakes and Ladders' which involves counting and taking turns.
- Practice using scissors and cutting out shapes or different lines such as curved or zigzag.
- Use tweezers to pick up and sort objects such as buttons or raisins.
- Use old paintbrushes and water in buckets to 'paint' outside on brick walls/drives/patios.
- Using 'Play-Doh', blue-tack or even a ball of uncooked pastry practice rolling out with a rolling pin, squeezing, stretching or rolling into a ball.
- Add some music and you've got your own 'Dough Disco!'
- Visit the queen of ‘Dough Disco’, Shonette Basin Wood https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj0shfH3pzhrf3dOrSj_pRw
- Please, please name EVERYTHING!
- You need to have a named water bottle in school every day filled with fresh water.
- All children in Reception are offered free milk and fruit each day. We have this each afternoon in school.
- If you wish to send in a snack for our morning snack time please ensure it is a healthy snack.
- Please ask if you have any questions.
- Starting school is a daunting prospect for parents as well as children and we are here to help make the transition as smooth as possible for everyone!
What to bring each day:
- A waterproof coat.
- Sunhat and sun cream on warm days.
- Hat and gloves on cold days.
- Spare underwear socks/tights etc. (to be kept in a bag on your child's peg with their PE kit)
- Reading bag with reading diary and key ring inside.
- Water bottle filled with fresh tap water.
- A smile!
Files to Download
Reception: Latest Letters items
There are no Latest Letters items to display
Reception: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception: Class Work items
There are no Class Work items to display
Reception: Events items
There are no Events items to display