RHE (PSHE) is central to the ethos of Excalibur Primary School. Children need self-awareness, positive self-esteem and confidence to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to lead confident, healthy, independent lives. The school is committed to promoting healthy lifestyles and is part of the Healthy Schools initiative.
For children to learn how to:
- develop as responsible individuals with a respect and understanding of the needs of others;
- contribute to the daily life of the school and participate in the decision making process;
- develop confidence in themselves as individuals able to express thoughts and feelings;
- develop as spiritually aware, happy individuals with a respect and understanding of the world around them;
- develop physically with an understanding of how to live healthy lives;
- develop awareness and understanding of our own and other cultures;